VirtualXT is a Turbo PC/XT emulator that runs on modern hardware and operating systems. It is designed to be simple and lightweight yet still capable enough to run a large library of old application and games.
The default setup emulates a Intel 8088 CPU running at 4.77 Mhz just like the original IBM 5150/5160. This is quite a slow system and the original 8088 only operates in real-mode. This means that no protected-mode or 32 bit applications will run. (Most MS-DOS software from the 90's requires a later CPU.)
You can find an online game library here.
(Some of which are only available in the desktop version.)
- Intel 8088 or NEC V20 CPU
- Hardware CPU validator
- VGA and CGA compatible graphics
- GLaBIOS or Turbo XT BIOS 3.1 with extensions
- Keyboard controller with 83-key XT-style keyboard
- Serial port with Microsoft 2-button mouse
- Floppy and hard disk controller
- ISA passthrough using Arstech USB2ISA adapter
- Direct file share with host
- Flexible module system
- Integerated GDB server
- AdLib music synthesizer
- EMS memory expansion
- Ethernet adapter
- and more...
VirtualXT is still under development and there is a lot of work to be done. Contributions are appreciated. :)
You can find it all on the Github issue tracker.
|26 days ago
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, HTML5
|16-bit, 8088, cga, DOS, Emulator, MS-DOS, msdos, vga, windows, x86
|A few seconds
|Games, Source code, YouTube
Click download now to get access to the following files: