A downloadable emulator for Windows, macOS, and Linux
VirtualXT is a IBM PC/XT emulator that runs on modern hardware and operating systems. It is designed to be simple and lightweight yet still capable enough to run a large library of old application and games.
░▒▓█ Emulated Hardware █▓▒░
- Intel 8088 CPU
- 640KB RAM
- 3.5" floppy disk controller (720KB/1.44MB)
- Disk controller (hard drive size of up to 528MB)
- CGA/Hercules graphics card with 320x200 4-color, 720x348 2-color, and CGA 80x25 16-color textmode
- Keyboard controller with 83-key XT-style keyboard
- Serial port with Microsoft 2-button mouse
- PC speaker
░▒▓█ Development █▓▒░
VirtualXT is still in early development and there is a lot of work to be done. :)
- INT 10h (Video service) is missing a lot of features.
- Keyboard emulation is not perfect and there are known issues with the state keys. (CapsLock and NumLock)
- Limited serial port emulation.
- MacOSX version is not well tested.
- Documentation is lacking.
░▒▓█ libvxt █▓▒░
VirtualXT can be built as a dependency free C-library for integration in to another application or game. See the manual for more information.
░▒▓█ Alternative Builds █▓▒░
For Linux users there is a snap package available:
sudo snap install virtualxt
Click download now to get access to the following files: